We love hearing your Poetry Teatime stories! Today, we have an amazing poem submitted by Brave Writer mom Erin, written by 14-year-old poet Ethan.
I read my son your Poetry Teatime prompt on recipes and he ran with it! He's been having his own poetry time all week.
"How to Make a Book"
1 dictionary English
1 paragraph Latin
1 sentence Greek
1 cover (hard or paperback)
1 ounce wisdom
10 grams knowledge
4 ounces fun
1. Mix languages in a bowl until the English dictionary has borrowed at least 4 words from each of the other languages.
2. Blend wisdom, knowledge, and fun in a food processor at 300 WPM for 60 seconds, or until golden brown.
3. Add the slurry to the languages and mix well.
4. Place in the cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
5. Refrigerate overnight.
6. Top with imagery, read immediately.
Thanks so much for sharing, Erin! We love reading the poetry your family writes during Poetry Teatime. If you have a poem you want to share, send it to us here!