Today's poetry prompt comes to us from one of our Brave Writer families. Let's check out Evelyn's recipe for "Nature Poundcake," then create our own!
Ingrediense [spelling follows the original manuscript, above]
1 cup sawdust
1/2 cups water
1 cup dirt
1 cup leaves
1 rotten apple
1 and 1/4 cup pine neddles
4 peses of bark
- Layer dirt, pine neddles leaves and sawdust. Put rock on the top.
- Add water. Wait 5 minets or 7 minets then wait to dry.
- Desin the rotten apple, bark, and clovers on top. Take rock off.
- Serve and enjoy!
Now, it's time for us to follow along!
- Go for a nature walk and collect ingredients for your own nature recipe.
- Decide what you'd like to bake: cake, biscuits, pie, cookies, or whatever your heart desires!
- Write out your own ingredients list and directions.
- For more inspiration for your recipe poem, check out this poetry prompt!
Be sure to share your finished products (both poems and pictures!) with us here.