Summer is the perfect time to try new treats for teatime! Whether you're craving fruity salsas or frozen yogurt snacks, whip up these sweet and simple recipes to give your teatime a summery twist.
It's time to get cool for the summer! From sweet to spicy and from frozen to on fire, we've got lots of delicious treats for the perfect summertime snack.
Salsas and Spreads
If your family likes snacks with a bit of a kick, check out these fruit-filled, sweet-and-spicy summer salsas perfect for an afternoon snack.
- Easy pineapple salsa: Chop up a few ingredients for this salsa and vary the spiciness to suit your family with this recipe from Culinary Hill.
- 5-ingredient mango salsa: This not-too-spicy salsa from Gimme Some Oven is one of the tastiest summer recipes around!
- Fruit salsa with cinnamon chips: This recipe from Homemade Interest is sweet and sour, not spicy, and the cinnamon chips are the perfect treat for any picky eaters!
- Healthy chocolate hummus: The name may make you a bit skeptical, but this recipe from Super Healthy Kids is a great way to introduce some healthy sweetness into your teatime.
There's nothing tastier or healthier than a fresh fruit snack! Give your fruit an upgrade with these recipes.
- Pan fried cinnamon bananas: This super simple summer snack from Dizzy Busy & Hungry only calls for 3 ingredients and a couple minutes of prep!
- Watermelon fries with coconut lime dip: The recipe from Abbey's Kitchen calls for a non-dairy dip, but use whatever yogurt you have on hand to create this delicious and unusual treat!
- Honey cinnamon roasted pineapple: There's no better way to make an already sweet pineapple even sweeter than by roasting it with honey! Follow the directions from The Artisan Life.
- Apple slice "cookies": Get some inspiration from One Little Project's apple slice "cookies" loaded with all sorts of toppings and create your own!
If you're planning on camping this summer, stock up on aluminum foil and these sweet treats! Or bring them home and grill or bake these recipes at home.
- Campfire cones: If you're out camping, be sure to bring some ice cream cones along with your s'mores supplies. Combine s'mores with cones and campfires, and you'll have a tasty gooey treat! Recipe from The Girl Who Ate Everything.
- Campfire banana boats: Whether you're out by a fire or at home, you can enjoy these delicious banana-based treats from Joy the Baker.
- Campfire baked apples: With some whole apples, cinnamon, and brown sugar, you can make a campfire staple that's as delicious as apple pie. Recipe from AllRecipes.
- Be sure to take a look at our Camping Themed Teatime for more inspiration for snacks and poetry to go with your summer teatime!
Frozen and Cold Treats
Beat the heat with these cold summer treats!
- 3-ingredient frozen yogurt bark: This recipe from Listotic is one of the easiest treats for summer. You'll just need to whip it up and freeze for a few hours before serving!
- Easy watermelon slush: With just watermelon, honey, and a lime, you can create a tasty frozen treat using the directions from Baby Foode.
- Frozen yogurt bites: Try these tiny frozen yogurt dots from A Side of Sweet or sample these delicious yogurt blueberry bites from Live Eat Learn.
- Check out more of our cold summer recipes in our list of Frozen Treats for Teatime!
Enjoy your teatime and stay cool this summer!